Building Mechanical Engineer
Do you want to be part of a winning team that values proximity, transparency, knowledge sharing and fun in the workplace?
Are you looking for stimulating challenges, including playing an active role in developing the skills of your team members?
Do you dream of joining a company that offers a dynamic work environment, flexible hours, telecommuting while promoting autonomy and sustainable development?
You answered yes to all these questions?
We want to know you!
Who we are?
Based in Saint-Lambert, our mechanical, electrical and fire protection engineering consulting firm has been a leader in the retail field for more than 20 years, specializing in commercial and residential buildings primarily in the private sector, across Canada.
We are a united team who believes in the importance of helping each other and leveraging each other’s skills. We put tremendous effort in improving our ways of working and love to see our team members help evolve our company through several active and engaging committees. You are encouraged to start participating as of your first day at Dallaire Consultants according to your interests and talents!
In collaboration with the engineer, technician and designer teams, your main responsibility will be to design and develop plumbing, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment for various projects according to our clients’ needs.
You will be a key player in the support and development of the mechanical department’s team member’s skills set.
You will attend start-up and coordination meetings, and conduct worksite surveys and visits, as well as contribute to improving work tools and processes to make them more efficient.
You will also take part in service proposals and business development.
What sets you apart
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- You are a member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- You have 5 to 10 years’ experience in project engineering development and management in a consulting environment;
- You are autonomous, versatile and you understand the importance of communication and of contributing to team success;
- You have field experience;
- You are capable of transmitting your knowledge and best practices to a mechanical team;
- Your client approach is next to none;
- Being open minded, dynamic, professional and quality driven are all part of your values and are what define you;
- You have strong analytical, synthesis and problem solving skills;
- Knowing how to effectively plan is no secret to you! You have superior organizational skills;
- You have extensive knowledge of the main building codes, including NBC, NFC, CSA, ASHRAE, and other building codes, knowledge of Autocad, Revit and Microsoft Office;
- You are able to adapt to the multitasking context of an SME, to take necessary decisions at the right time, and to work under tight deadlines;
- You are fluent in spoken and written French and English (bilingualism required);
What sets us apart
We value our employee’s happiness as they are the key to our success. We have no hierarchy and believe everyone can contribute to success. We enable our employees to fully demonstrate their skills!
The size of our company enables our employees a greater degree of involvement in stimulating projects.
We are focused in developing your talents and offer you, amongst other things, support and continuous training and development opportunities as well as a competitive compensation package including benefits.
Your satisfaction is important to us and we continually survey your needs to satisfy them.
Dallaire Consultants offers :
- An environment where your individual needs count. We value autonomy and provide you with the necessary support to ensure your professional development and growth;
- A safe and stimulating work environment where everyone’s skills contribute to the team’s success;
- Flexible hours, with telecommuting and Friday afternoons off all year round;
- In light of the COVID-19 crisis, we work remotely at 100% capacity and provide our employees with all the technological tools that will allow them to perform their work effectively;
- We offer the possibility of telecommuting on a full or part time basis;
- Our offices are appealing with an open space concept and have lots of windows to let in the natural light. You can also unwind in our relaxing eating area!
- Competitive compensation and benefits;
- A biannual bonus program;
And there is more!
We have a committee responsible for organizing many social events for our employees, such as:
- 5 to 7;
- Golf tournaments;
- Sports activities: softball, soccer, outdoor days;
- Weekly wellness and stress relief activities, such as a running club and a midday stretching class;
Sustainability is important to us and we have implemented eco-conscious values. These values include buying local, reducing paper and plastic use, composting and have introduced tree planting as a yearly activity.