Bigtech CLI Inc. is one of Canada’s leading providers of advanced technology services. Service excellence is the niche that Bigtech fills in this ever expanding field of repair, refurbishment and supply chain management. We are looking for a full-time Financial Audit Manager to join us to enhance our operations management. This position will be responsible for oversight of the daily revenue and compliance audit process including supervision of supervisors and auditors.
- Develop and implement Internal Audit methodologies to drive consistency in analyzing, reporting, and governing risks.
- Partner with business and support areas to ensure risk management processes are effective and representative of best practices.
- Implement organizational strategies and goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitor and evaluate program effectiveness; advise senior management of issues and implement improvements.
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives as related to internal controls in order to safeguard assets and determine adequacy and effectiveness of applicable policies and practices.
- Monitor key performance indicators, determine gaps in performance metrics, and recommend/execute change management techniques for efficiency/quality improvements.
- Maintain and refresh the Internal Audit Standards in alignment with new processes and updated industry guidance.
- Assist in the annual risk assessment process by working closely with the Internal Audit management team to deliver an agile, risk based audit plan.
- Maintain awareness of industry standards, innovations, and industry best practices and provide analysis and recommendations for how these can be leveraged at Bigtech.
- Oversee, conduct, and consolidate research on external risk events and regulatory/legislative changes.
- Conduct research on technologies, software systems, and business applications to develop and improve organizational efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Develop and manage the Internal Audit quality assurance program to include performing quality assurance reviews and providing constructive feedback to reinforce audit execution practices and procedures.
- Manage the development and execution of Internal Audit training to drive awareness and a culture of effective risk management.
- Contribute to a culture of collaboration by actively working across business lines, communicating knowledge and business processes to other business units.
- Provide positive leadership through teaching, training, employee engagement, succession planning, and mentorship programs.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations and legislation
- Perform supervisory/managerial responsibilities
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting and related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Internal Controls concepts and practices
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing and leading professional employees
- Extensive experience in demonstrating thought-leadership, initiative taking, decision-making and creativity in solving business problems
- Significant experience in implementing strategic initiatives to support organizational objectives
- Advanced skill to influence, negotiate and & persuade to reach agreeable exchange & positive outcomes
- Advanced knowledge of project/program management processes and methodologies
- Expert relationship building, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Expert experience managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
Salary: $52.80 per hour, 30 hours per week
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Markham, ON
How to apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include both a resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.