Fort Albany, ON
- Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
- Obtain and analyze market segmentation data – execute strategies and programs based on market segmentation for the iStat products.
- Assist and support the Point of Care effort to grow sales of all Point of Care Division products in targeted industry segment(s) or for specific assigned product (s) segments nationwide. Tasks include field travel, tradeshow support, tender responses and support field sales and implementation activities.
- Supports the implementations and execution of product specific strategy, new product launches and marketing/sales plans to achieve sales growth and margin objectives.
- Assists field visits to determine customer dynamics, drivers, current and future customer needs, opportunities, and to recognize specific geographical considerations for both products and programs.
- Execution of tactical lead generation programs and promotions in Canada, including of strategic promotional activities.
- Provide presentations and marketing assets that are OEC compliant – manage appropriate process for marketing approvals.
- Drive competitor, product and market-specific Canadian competitive intelligence gathering and evaluation activity.
- Manage Canadian marketing assets in both French and English.
- Inventory forecast support of unit sales.
- Supports future product and program development activities by evaluating customer needs and assembling business plans.
- Execute marketing initiatives in conjunction with sales teams.
- KOL management to support Canadian market segment businesses and maintaining reference support lists.
- Trade show and conference management and target lists, as well as lead generation activities and KPI management for these field activities.
- Assist program implementation with matrix support groups including sales management, technical and marketing support, and divisional disciplines to achieve growth objectives.
- Proactively identifies and overcomes business issues by working collaboratively with key operational and sales functions.
- Manages day-to-day industry or assigned product initiative activities.
- Determines and supports specific customer relations programs including industry conventions, annual meetings, and trade associations.
- Assist with the delivering training programs for assigned product line.
- Assist with the delivery of industry specific training programs
- Delivers online, web casts, e-newsletters, web conferencing training in collaboration with marketing department.
- Ability to work under limited, as an independent contributor, or within a team.
- Capability to work with and influence various disciplines, both internal and external.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Sales experience and knowledge of sales strategies.
- Clinical nursing or clinical laboratory background helpful, POC knowledge an asset.
- Knowledge of medical device / clinical marketing.
- Knowledge of regulatory and OEC compliance
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and presentational skills.
- Ability to implement competitive intelligence methodologies to anticipate and understand market needs and act within the organization to respond.
- Ability to assist with leadership initiatives and focus to global support groups.
- Ability to influence all levels within the organizations.
- Capability to interact effectively with all levels within the organizations we approach.
- Ability to teach, lead and mentor associates and reports what they must know in order to fully accomplish objectives and desired results.
- Strong overall business acumen.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional team to achieve product line objectives.
- BA, BSc or equivalent in the areas of marketing, science, nursing or Business Administration.
- 4+ years industry experience related to project management or area of assigned responsibility.
- Exposure of Point of Care, medical device marketing, sales, strategic planning, retail sales force and distributor channel, coupled with a proven, professional approach.
- Bilingual English and French.
- Results oriented.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to travel an average of 30-40%; domestic and international travel.
Abbott Point of Care is a worldwide leader in providing with-patient care solutions that are intuitive, reliable, and cost-effective for our customers. By delivering lab-quality results in minutes, our i-STAT® System family of with-patient products and services fosters a collaborative, patient-centered environment while driving operational performance. We are headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey, with more than 1,500 global employees and a presence in 84 countries. Our 46,500 square meter, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, Abbott Point of Care, is located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Status : Regular/Full-Time
Execute on the marketing plan for the point of care products in Canada. Assist with the planning, organizing, and implementation of tactical sales strategies and sales support which includes supporting strategic plans, supporting products, launch plans / execution of new products and programs development to accelerate profitable product sales growth. Focus is to achieve market share optimization and profitable industry or product segment sales growth. Works to ensure programs are aligned with key company objectives.
Education and/or Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Abbott Canada is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without discrimination based on factors such as race, sex, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, disability, age, citizenship, family or marital status, political beliefs, sexual preference or other factors included in human rights legislation.
Our diversity goals for recruitment, hiring, and retention are embedded in our corporate goals, and our diversity initiatives are supported by the highest level of the organization. We strongly believe that a diverse workforce fosters more creative and innovative thinking throughout the organization. Creating an inclusive environment, where everyone is respected and valued, enables us to leverage our diversity as a business driver and strengthens our position as a global leader.
Abbott strives to promote and maintain an inclusive, high-performing culture that allows all employees to reach their full potential and contribute to Abbott’s success.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.