At SaskPower, we generate more than just electricity for Saskatchewan people. We offer some of the best jobs in the province.
Our challenging careers will help you grow while being surrounded by a fully-committed team, committed to safety, openness, collaboration and accountability. If you’re someone who thrives in a team environment and doesn’t shy away from a good challenge, join us!
Apply no later than 08/23/2020 to be considered for this opportunity.
This position is Northern Aboriginal Specific (NAS) in accordance with the North Start Agreement.
The Administration Coordinator is accountable to provide administrative support to a managerial function or department. As a member of SaskPower’s management team, this position is responsible to oversee and implement administrative procedures and support the day-to-day operations of the department including the implementation of administrative procedures, establishing work priorities and coordinating with other areas of the organization to ensure departmental goals and objectives are met.
- Perform clerical and administrative activities including managing and responding to administrative inquiries on behalf of the department
- Establish administrative policies, procedures and work priorities while delegating work to office support staff; ensuring procedures are followed and deadlines are met
- Manage incoming and outgoing memoranda, submissions, documents and reports for a department, all levels of management, and/or executive members
- Compile data and prepare, edit, and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, reports and related materials
- Organize information and materials for meetings and conferences, including taking meeting minutes
- Recommend, review, evaluate and approve confidential documents, briefs and reports containing sensitive information related to the managerial functions of the department
- Organize management schedules and meetings, while making appropriate reservations and travel arrangements as required
- Set up and maintain files and records which may contain confidential and sensitive information
- Assist in the preparation of departmental operating budgets and maintain inventory and budgetary controls
- Order office supplies and maintain departmental records and inventory
- May supervise staff as required
- Other related duties as assigned
- Related professional designation(s) and/or certification(s) AND/OR;
- Three (3) years of related administration or clerical experience, or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and deals with quick turnaround.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to foster a culture focused on safety, innovation and teamwork
- Demonstrated skill in SaskPower’s competencies
- Must have a continuing record of professional development
A suitable combination of relevant education and experience may also be considered
Candidates under consideration may be required to participate in an assessment process consisting of any/all of the following: interview, abilities test, case study and/or presentation.
SaskPower offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Diversity and inclusion are also a priority for us. At SaskPower, we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and having a workforce representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to selections based on merit and to the full participation of diversity groups. These groups include the four equity groups recognized by the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission: Indigenous Peoples, Members of Visible Minority Groups / Racialized Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in Under-Represented Roles, as well as LGBTQ persons and Newcomers to Saskatchewan. Visit our website for details.
To learn more about SaskPower, check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/Poweringthefuture
Keep posted on the latest job openings on Twitter: www.twitter.com/saskpower
Please apply by 08/23/2020.