Ratloop Games Canada
About the Job
Are you looking to show off your skills to the world? Ratloop Canada’s next game is a stunning new concept, an exciting new way to play a first person shooter with radically fresh time travel mechanics.
Do you love 3D? Are you passionate about making weapons, gadgets and props? Is sci-fi a genre you’re into? Well look no further!
Ratloop is seeking an experienced 3D modeler to craft beautiful weapons, gadgets, technological props and environments for their upcoming Unreal Engine FPS. You must have experience modelling using 3Ds max or equivalent, and texturing using substance painter/designer using a PBR pipeline.
We are seeking a full time position, located in Montreal, QC, someone who is capable of technical problem solving and is comfortable with integration of assets inside of Unreal Engine. You must enjoy working autonomously and be highly responsible, as well as strive to deliver high quality results. A willingness to learn and to solve new problems is fundamental to a being a successful team member at Ratloop Canada.
As a key team member, you will be integral to delivering a high quality, creative AAA indie experience. If this excites your passion, then we’d love to see how you can make your mark on our project!
- 5+ years of professional 3D modelling experience;
- Willingness to learn technically and solve creative problems;
- Understanding of 3D graphics (real time PBR & lighting);
- Experience integrating art into game engines and using 3D art pipelines;
- Create AAA high-quality in game art assets;
- Must be proficient in 3Ds max or equivalent;
- A passion for videogames and videogame art;
- An online portfolio or reel demonstrating previous artworks;
- Self sufficient when it comes to problem solving, time management and task management.
- Unreal engine 4 experience or similar game engine experience;
- Experience with blueprint (UE4) a plus;
- A passion for sci-fi, including weapons, gadgets, props and environments.
- Proficient technical skills in Unreal Engine 4;
- Strong interest in gaming (especially FPS).
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Affinity with game design;
- Autonomous and resourceful, ability to take initiative;
- Good oral and written communication skills.
*Candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and be able to work from our studio in Montreal, Quebec.
Application Deadline: 2020-05-17
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 3D Modeling: 5 years (Preferred)
- Montréal, QC (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19